Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday tableau

I often lay in my back yard like a lizard -- soaking up the suns rays, warming my skin, absorbing vitamin D, and generally re-charging. I know it's not PC. But I do it anyway. I work on being, not doing. Being, not doing. It's a skill that almost all of us need to cultivate more of in this frenetic, always growing to-do list culture of ours.

And although I so often feel time poor, and sometimes become slightly anxious about all that appears to need doing, I'm rewarded for generally fucking off on my back deck with things like this:

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Being not doing. That is an awesome mantra. I love. I adore. Dearly.

xoxoxoxo

Ellie

Pat said...

Being not doing...that certainly described what retirement is supposed to be. And I do have quite a bit of that. Now if only I could rid myself of the feeling I ought to be doing something.
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Love this, Beth!

Xo
Jacquie