Friday, October 3, 2014

The Walk

It's tomorrow, peeps.


It may or may not rain on those brave, determined souls all day long.

And the forecast may or may not call for thunder and lightning.

For 26.2 miles.

In the meantime, we've got this going for us:




2009. Rain. Sigh.

2008, 2007, 2006 . . . 

This is the ninth year of these heroes walking a Marathon, for a foundation that donates 100% of the money its walker raise, directly towards breast cancer research.

Look at how utterly awesome our recipients are. I would like to adopt them all as my children. Or my cousins. Or my friends. Or my nieces. Nephews? First-cousins-in-law-once-removed? As long as they are mine, I'm good.

Lots of history, lots of dedication, lots of fierce, determined peeps. Lots of fortitude.

Come out and cheer these peeps on. Or just give dollahs. That works too.

TBBCF

3 comments:

jacquie said...

I hope all goes well this weekend, Ellie. I'm proud of you for the work that you do for this organization. I love you, sister!

xo
Jacquie

Beth said...

Hi Martha!

Hope it is a smashing success. Yay for volunteers ;) Go, E.

I look forward to this year's photos. Rain or shine.

xo,
Beth

mom said...

so much good luck tomorrow to all the walkers and all the volunteers who make it work, especially you, my darling daughter.... love... mom