Thursday, April 10, 2014

Symbol Of Might To The Foe

They did it!

The UConn men won their 4th championship, the first under their studly new head couch -- and one of our favorite former UConn players -- Kevin Ollie on Monday night.

And on Tuesday night? The women won their 9th. Their 9th. Under the sure and sarcastic guidance of Geno Auriemma.

What a weekend it was. Because please don't forget that the Final Four games for the men and women, to get to those championship games, were Saturday and Sunday evenings, respectively.

We have been bleeding blue around here like you read about.

Apparently, everyone who is not from Connecticut hates UConn. I read it somewhere so it must be true. But you know what? I don't care. Because I don't hate them. I opposite-of-hate them. I love them. I've been bleeding blue since my first day of classes in Storrs in the Fall of 1981. And all my fair co-Huskies -- including Mistah -- concur.

We bleed blue around here.

It is, my people, the Year of the Huskies.

And there's only one thing to do at a time like this.

Here's the music:

And here are the words:

(Many thanks to the archives of my friend Christine, 
famous former UConn Marching Band trumpet player)

Go Huskies!

2 comments:

mom said...

Love this, keep the celebration going.... love, mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

So amazing!!! I can't even imagine what it must have been like/is still like(?) around those parts!!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

But don't bleed all to death.

You need to root for them next year too ;)

xoxo,
Beth